I'm home. Thanks for all of your kind words and well wishes. I got home around 12:30pm yesterday. I would have posted and I tried but I just didn't have enough of an attention span to do so. Karen has been so kind to update for me.Let's see, where to start? I'll just free verse. My ability to compose a structured post is failing me nor do I care.
- Someone should explain the whole "rate your pain from 1 to 10" scale BEFORE the pain happens. I didn't find out until day two that I had misunderstood the pain tolerance scale. I didn't know what it was relative to. Relative to everyone in the world? Well, my pain compared to the people being murdered and hacked up in Darfur is relatively low. That is how I thought the scale went.
- Did you know that abdominal muscles are at the center of your body? Yes. You use them for everything.
- It is much easier to get out of bed if the leg section of your bed is not set on it's highest level. I felt like I was climbing a mountain.
- I discovered that there is no faster way to bond with a 53 year old of a different race and cultural background than to have them dress you and place you on the potty. Hmmm, maybe all our country's racial tensions can be solved if we all get naked and talk about how there is nothing more satisfying than great big huge poop.
- When you hear water gushing don't stop to ponder "oh, I hear water gushing -- falling like a waterfall. Waterfall's are very pleasant. It'd be nice to see a waterfall." because by the time you think all that your entire bed and clothing will be wet from your leaking water bottle.
- I was going to tease my Dr before the surgery and ask if he could throw in a little tummy tuck while he was at it. I figured he heard that constantly so I didn't mention it. Imagine my surprise when he told me he decided to give me a nice flat tummy and did a little tummy tuck for me while sewing me up.