Monday, July 09, 2007

Peek-a-Boo Bunting Tutorial

stroller quilt

I've been turning this idea around in my mind for awhile and I finally had a chance to produce it. I wanted to make a special baby gift for my friend. At first I was going to make a simple baby quilt but then I remembered my stroller angst. Now was the time to test out my idea. It's actually very simple.

Then I forgot about it. But today I remembered I had wanted to share this with you. If you are a parent or have ever pushed a baby in a stroller I think you'll find this handy. I know, looking back, I wish I had had something like this for my daughter.

This is little stroller quilt has ties that attach to the frame sides of the stroller. It has buttons along both edges to cover the baby's legs. Every baby I've pushed in a stroller kicks that blasted blankie off. Then it's stuck in the wheels and dragging in the dirt. Lovely. With this you don't have to deal with all that.

I have created a short tutorial on how to make this for yourself or to give as a gift for a friend. Please note that it is under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial Copyright. By opening this tutorial you are agreeing to the following which can be viewed here.

stroller quiltstroller quilt button detail

See sidebar "Stroller Blanket Tutorial" and click on the image there to enlarge and download the tutorial.

6 comments:

the groves said...

love the quilt.

i couldn't get the link on the tutorial to work...

Susan said...

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I didn't realize there was a broken link there. I can send it to you via email. I'll have to find the file first on my other computer.

thanks again.
Susan

If anyone else wants this emailed to them just let ask. joybucket @ gmail . com (remove spaces)

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

See sidebar "Stroller Blanket Tutorial" and click on the image there to enlarge and download the tutorial.

hayley said...

i LOVE this idea!! thanks so much for sharing your tutorial!! i can't wait to make one for my little guy who was just born on april 10th. i get so excited when i find things i can make online and they actually have instructions! thanks again for sharing your talent!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

What a fabulous idea! I will definitely be making this sometime soon.